2020-07-12 Back to List
If you are looking for related products or have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.Contact Us
Chicken feed cost is the most expensive item in the production cost of raising chickens, accounting for about 70%-80% of the total cost of raising chickens. In actual production, due to the lack of strict feeding management and unscientific feed coordination and use, it often causes more Large waste, which affects the efficiency of raising chickens. Especially in the case of high feed prices and low prices of broilers and eggs, more measures should be taken to reduce feed waste and control the weight of chickens from multiple sources.
1. Reasons for waste of feed
(1) Direct waste. The direct waste caused by unscientific feed management in chicken farms generally accounts for 5% to 15% of the annual feed consumption. Among them, the feed trough structure is unreasonable, the placement height is improper, or the filling is too full, wasting 2% to 6%, the feed is too fine and the waste is 0.5%, the pheasant and mouse infestation waste 1%, the throwing waste 0.5%, the beak is not broken or the beak is broken Improper waste of 3%.
(2) Indirect waste. Indirect waste due to low feed efficiency accounts for 11% to 22% of the total feed volume. Among them, the environment temperature is too low to waste 4% to 6%, the incomplete feather waste is 2% to 6%, excessive feeding wastes 3% to 5%, and the waste caused by parasites and diseases accounts for 2% to 7%. To save feed and reduce costs in production, more attention should be paid to indirect waste of feed. Because such waste is not easy to be discovered in the short term.
2. Ways to save feed
(1) Select excellent chicken breeds. In addition to the advantages of high production performance, fast growth rate, high egg production, large egg weight, and strong disease resistance, excellent breed chickens also have a high utilization rate of feed. Chickens of the same age consume the same feed in the same feeding environment, and the production performance of the excellent breeds is much higher than that of other breeds. Under the same feeding conditions, the egg production of high-yielding laying hens can be increased by 20% to 30% compared to the average laying hens. Breeding chicken breeds with high production performance is an effective way to reduce feed costs.
(2) Cut off the beak in time. Chicken beaks can easily throw away feed, causing feed waste. Chicks usually have their beaks cut off at 6-9 days of age and trim their beaks at 12-16 weeks of age. Cutting off the beak can not only effectively reduce the waste of feed, but also prevent the occurrence of chicken pecking.
(3) Select the appropriate feed shape. The feed is divided into three types: powder, granular and granular. The pellets are palatable and easy to eat, and the chickens can be eaten completely without waste, especially suitable for feeding broilers. If the feed for online flat-raising, rack-raising and cage-raising chickens does not contain gravel and is not supplemented regularly, the digestibility of the feed will be reduced by 3% to 10%.
Therefore, grit should be supplemented regularly. Single feed or 454g per 50kg of feed can help the chicken stomach mechanically grind the feed, make the feed easy to digest and absorb, and improve the utilization rate. The powder should be prevented from being too fine, which is not only bad in palatability, but also easy to fly away and cause loss. If the chicken is fed with a wet mix, it should be mixed freshly, otherwise it will be rancid in summer and icy in winter. When adding green feed to the feed, it should be cut into short pieces, so as to avoid the waste of the feed sticking to the green feed when the chicken picks food.
(4) The trough structure and placement height should be reasonable. Unreasonable trough structure and placement height waste up to 15% of feed, so it is important to choose a trough of appropriate size. The feed trough is preferred to have a sharp bottom, a big belly, and a small mouth. It is better to place it at the same height as the back of the chicken or 2㎝ above the back of the chicken, so that the chicken can eat the feed without throwing the feed to the picky feed. Outside the slot. If the feed trough is too small, too shallow or placed too low, the chicken can easily pull the feed out of the trough. If it is too large, too deep or placed too high, it will affect the feeding and growth of the chicken. Therefore, the appropriate trough should be selected according to the age of the chicken and the height can be adjusted at any time.
(5) The influence of drinking water devices. Compared with the water tank, the use of nipple drinkers can save 2 to 3g of feed per chicken per day. When using the water tank (supply by long flowing water), the water depth in the tank is 1㎝ than 2㎝, so the water level in the water tank should not be too high. High, especially when feeding dry powder, the feed on the chicken mouth will be wasted with the water flowing out.
(6) Adjust the feeding method and change the feeding method. Adding too much feed at a time during feeding is the main cause of feed waste. Feeding should follow the principle of less feeding, regular feeding, timed feeding, divided feeding, and no remaining material in the trough after feeding. The amount of one-time feeding should not exceed 1/3 of the trough depth. Flat-breeding is cage-raising. Chicken-breeding has less activity than flat-breeding chickens. It requires less maintenance and less food. Because the feeder is outside the cage, it is not easy for the chicken to trample on the feed.
(7) Grasp the amount of diet. Different breeds and different uses of chickens adopt different feeding methods, that is, free feeding or restricted feeding; chickens of different ages use different diets and adjust in time according to body weight standards or egg production rate . Broiler chickens mostly adopt free feeding, and egg chickens and breeder chickens use restricted feeding from the breeding period, that is, limit quality or limit. By limiting feeding, they can save about 10% of feed and prevent the chicken from being overweight and overweight. , Affecting future egg production.
(8) Kill rodents and prevent wild birds. Wild bird and rodent pests not only consume feed and cause waste, but also release heat and discharge feces, which causes the feed to locally heat up and increase humidity, causing feed agglomeration and mold failure, and can also spread a variety of diseases.
(9) Eliminate sick or disabled chickens. If there are roosters in the layer group, they will consume more feed and increase production costs. They must be eliminated in time; sick chickens that cannot stand up, lame, crooked mouth and eyes blind during the breeding period should be eliminated in time. Especially thin chickens should be eliminated before laying. And sick chickens, chickens that do not lay eggs at the peak of egg production, and chickens with low egg production in the middle of egg production. Breeding farms that breed cocks should eliminate cocks with poor semen quality and loss of breeding ability at any time.
3. Improvement measures
(2) Reasonably control the temperature of the chicken house, and the temperature in the chicken house cannot be lower than 12℃;
(3) Carefully store and store feed;
(4) Strengthen feeding management, reduce stress factors, save feed, increase remuneration, and improve the economic benefits of chicken farms.
Some typical poultry chicken broiler animal feed pellet making plant projects Richi has done:
Colombia 3-4T/H Complete Poultry Pellet Feed Production Plant
Saudi Arabia 15-16T/H chicken feed pellet processing line plant
Papua New Guinea 1-2T/H Chicken Feed Pellet Processing Plant
If you are a small farmer, most of the time, a chicken feed pelletizer can meet your needs; but if you have a breeding plant that would like to invest in a chicken feed plant, then it is recommended that you purchase a complete customizable easy to use poultry chicken feed pellet plant to meet your needs: Silos- Raw material receiving-Cleaning-Grinding-Raw material extrusion Batching-Mixing-Pelleting-Cooling-Crumbling-Liquid Adding & Coating-Packaging-Conveying -Stacking (note that these sections are the most complete, but not all you need, we need to customize a chicken feed processing line for you according to your actual needs) .
For all inquiries fill in the form below to send us a brief message,and we will get back to you as soon as possible.