2020-07-01 Back to List
If you are looking for related products or have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.Contact Us
At present, farm-scale chicken farming has changed from a subsidiary industry to an important pillar industry of the family economy. Generally, about 1000 layer hens are raised, and the total investment is not too large. It does not affect the management of farmland, nor does it need to hire people to help, and it can also create considerable profits for the family. This is the rapid development of small layer hen farms in recent years. Important reason. However, due to the low technical level of such chicken farms, there are many problems in production, the use of feed is more prominent, and the feed remuneration is not ideal. Today, Richi Machinery will explain the main problems and solutions in the use of feed in small chicken farms, and hope to help everyone.
1. What kind of feed is suitable for laying hens?
（1）Powder feed refers to powdered feed obtained by grinding raw materials into powder and then adding vitamins, trace element additives, etc. The advantage is that the nutrition is perfect, the chicken is not easy to pick, but the palatability is poor, and it is easy to fly away and cause waste. Therefore, the powder used for feeding laying hens should not be too finely ground.
（2）Pellet feed is a pelleted feed with a diameter of 2.5 to 5.0 millimeters, which has been prepared by using a powder machine. The advantages are perfect nutrition, good palatability, chicken can not picky eaters, can avoid partial eclipse, prevent waste, facilitate mechanized feeding, and save labor. However, the cost of pellet feed processing is high, and the chickens consume a large amount of feed, which may easily lead to over-fat of laying hens and affect egg production. Therefore, laying hens are generally not suitable for feeding pellets. However, in the hot summer season, when the laying hen's appetite is weak, granular feed can be used to increase the chicken's feed intake.
At present, it is common for layer producers to feed powder. There are usually two feeding methods for layer feed: one is to feed the dry powder with a bucket, trough or feeder to allow the chicken to eat freely, so that the chicken can eat the feed at any time. The nutrition gap is not large, saving labor; the other is feeding wet mix, which is to divide the feed several times a day to feed the chicken wet with water. Its advantage is good palatability, laying hens like to eat, large feed intake, but weak Chickens often fail to eat enough nutrients, causing the gap between strength and weakness to increase and increasing the number of eliminated chickens. Therefore, at present, it is better to feed dry hens with a combination of dry powder and free drinking water.
(1)If you want to make mash feed, the manufacturing process: Cleaning -- Crushing -- Mixing -- Packing
Main Poultry Chicken Mash Feed Mill Machinery:chicken feed hammer mill grinder,chicken feed mixer,bagging machine,screener
(2)If you want to make pellet feed, the manufacturing process: Cleaning -- Crushing -- Mixing -- Pelleting -- Cooling -- Packing
3. Common problems in the preparation of chicken feed
(1) The energy is too high
Many people think that the higher the energy in the feed, the more chickens lay eggs. In some chicken farms, the feed energy of laying hens is up to 1212 MJ/kg, and corn accounts for 70% of the total feed. From the analysis of the chicken body, it was found that due to excessive energy and accumulation of ovarian fat, which seriously affects egg production and egg weight, such problems are very obvious when the feed protein content is insufficient.
(2) The crude protein content is too high
Many chicken farmers believe that the egg protein content mainly comes from feed protein. These chicken farms are basically technical personnel with primary cultural knowledge. When preparing feed, a large amount of high-protein feed soybean meal, peanut meal and other cakes and other cakes are used. Fish meal, etc., resulted in increased feed costs and protein waste, and layer hens were also poisoned due to high feed protein content.
(3) The proportion of calcium and phosphorus is obviously out of balance
Many laying hens have a low calcium content of only 0.9% during peak egg production. This type of chicken farm is mainly blindly formulated into laying hen feed according to the nutritional standards of chicks. Under normal circumstances, calcium should reach 3.5% to 3.7% and phosphorus 0.45% during egg production. Otherwise, eggshells may break easily or soft-shelled eggs may occur, causing undue economic losses.
(4) Blindly add vitamins and trace elements
Most of the technicians in this kind of chicken farms are of low level, they only know some common sense of breeding, and they only know that these two types of substances are essential for the growth of laying hens, but they often cannot grasp the proportion of use, so it is easy to add too much, or Insufficient addition. Other chicken farms use more green feed to replace vitamins, but this will significantly affect the feed intake of chickens. Insufficient addition will affect the growth and egg production performance of chickens, and blindly adding vitamins and trace elements will result in rising feed costs and counterproductive results.
(5) Only one feed formula is used
Different breeds and growth stages of laying hens have different nutrition standards, which requires proper adjustment of feed formula. At the beginning, this type of small chicken farm only regarded chicken farming as a sideline business. It did not pay attention to the question of whether the feed mix was scientific. In a certain feeding stage, sufficient nutritional needs cannot be obtained, which causes undue economic losses.
(6) Improper addition of drugs to feed
This situation is not uncommon, causing extremely bad consequences, such as laying eggs at 25 weeks of age is only about 5%. Investigating the reason, it was found that when chickens became ill or died, they did not ask a veterinarian for treatment, but went to a pharmacy to describe the condition and bought the medicine. Due to inaccurate condition, resulting in inaccurate judgment, improper use of drugs or improper dosage, uneven mixing of feed, the amount of chicken food intake is more or less, causing poisoning or failure to achieve therapeutic effect, and the growth of surviving chickens is inhibited , Production performance is extremely low.
(1) Organize and study the knowledge of raising chickens conscientiously, and master the key technologies in breeding. The feed ratio should be determined according to different layer breeds and different feeding stages. Adjust the feed formula in time according to different growth and production stages to ensure nutritional needs.
(2) Scientifically apply feed ingredients. The amount of crude protein and energy in the diet should be determined according to nutritional needs, adhere to meet the needs as the standard, try to achieve the reasonable use of feed ingredients, reduce waste, and scientifically adjust the feed ratio. For example, the crude protein content in the feed at the beginning of egg production should be kept at 15%, while the peak egg production period should be kept at about 165%.
(3) Use minerals accurately. There must be a full and correct understanding of the principle of minerals. Excessive or insufficient use will cause great losses to the production of laying hens. Practice has proved that when preparing feed, it is necessary to emphasize its content and proportion in the feed. For example: the feed of laying hens should contain 3.6% calcium and 0.45% phosphorus, and the ratio of calcium to phosphorus for chicks should be kept in the range of 1.5 to 2:1.
(4) To regulate the use of vitamins. Some chicken farms do not use vitamin products, but use green feed (such as alfalfa, green vegetables, carrots) instead of vitamins, which is not suitable for large-scale breeding. The main problem is that the vitamin supplements are not comprehensive, and sometimes they are not available. At the same time, too much green feed intake also directly affects the normal feed intake of chickens. Therefore, compound vitamin additives should be used instead of completely replaced by green feed, which can be used as a vitamin supplement.
(5) Correctly design feed formula. The proper design of feed formula directly affects the performance of egg production. For the design of feed formulas, the general requirements are based on different breeds of chickens, different stages of growth and development, different stages of egg production, etc., and should also be based on the situation of the flock, the supply of feed materials, and the market conditions and seasons. Appropriate adjustments can achieve better economic benefits.
In short, for such small-scale chicken farms, the production organizers and leaders should not underestimate the technical problems in the preparation and use of feed, and must often study. As long as attention is paid to the research of production technology, the efficiency of raising chickens will surely be greatly improved.
5. Recommend several feed formulas for laying hens
(1) 1 to 3 weeks old: corn 60%, millet 5%, sorghum 4%, wheat bran 5%, bean cake 8%, fish meal 8%, bone meal 3%, blood meal 5%, stone meal 1.5%, table salt 0.3% , The right amount of additives.
(2) 4 to 6 weeks of age: corn 60%, sorghum 4%, wheat bran 6%, bean cake 15%, peanut cake 3%, cotton cake 2%, blood meal 3%, fish meal 5%, shell meal 1%, Bone meal 0.7%, table salt 0.3%.
(3) 7 to 14 weeks old: corn 60%, sorghum 6%, barley 12%, bean cake 10%, fish meal 3%, shell meal 0.7%, locust leaf meal 5%, bone meal 2%, table salt 0.3%, appropriate amount of additives .
(4) 15 to 25 weeks of age (to the beginning of production): corn 65%, barley 5%, wheat bran 15%, bean cake 7%, cotton cake 2%, fish meal 2%, shell meal 1.5%, bone meal 2% , Table salt 0.3%, appropriate amount of additives.
(5) When the egg production rate is about 50%: corn 60%, wheat bran 6%, sweet potato 6%, bean cake 18%, fish meal 6%, bone meal 2.7%, table salt 0.3%, methionine 0.1%, appropriate additives.
(6) Egg production rate is 55% to 80%: corn 57%, dried sweet potato 5%, wheat bran 3%, bean cake 20%, cotton cake 2%, peanut cake 2%, fish meal 7%, bone meal 3% , Table salt 0.3%, appropriate amount of additives.
(7) Egg production rate is above 80%: corn 52%, sorghum 4%, wheat bran 4%, bean cake 20%, cotton cake 4%, peanut cake 4%, fish meal 4%, locust leaf meal 3.5%, bone meal 3.5%, table salt 0.3%, appropriate amount of additives.
For all inquiries fill in the form below to send us a brief message,and we will get back to you as soon as possible.