2021-04-08 Back to List
If you are looking for related products or have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.Contact Us
How much does 1 ton of wood pellets cost？The cost of 1 ton wood pellets is mainly determined by the biomass wood raw materials, calorific value, ash content, moisture, packaging, quality, transportation distance, manufacturer cost and other factors of pellet fuel. The prices are not the same. Today we will systematically analyze wood pellets from multiple angles. The price of pellet fuel, so that everyone can better understand the real price of wood pellet fuel.
Buying pellet fuel in bulk costs $250 per ton on average. This is a good way to stock up on fuel, but you'll pay extra if you need it delivered. Delivery costs an additional $50 to $100, depending on how far you live from the purchasing site. In other words, you can understand the price of one ton wood pellets like this: You can order 50 40-pound bags (one ton) of pellet fuel for $250. Depending on the type of pellet fuel, buying in bulk could cost up to $380, or $480 including delivery.
Wood pellets cost an average of $5 per 40 pound bag. Pellet bags can range from $4 to $9, means wood pellet prices average between $4 and $9 per 40-lb bag.
3.Wood pellet price factors
(1)Pellet fuel costs depend on several factors:
①Supply: Pellets are a waste product, made from materials such as sawdust or even food waste. Price varies based on waste supply and availability.
②Type: Corn pellets are cheaper than wood; hardwood pellets are more expensive than softwood or biomass pellets.
③Delivery: Your pellet fuel costs will rise if you have them delivered.
(2)Prices also vary based on wood pellet factory brand.
4. Comparison of the 8 common biomass fuel wood pellets cost per ton
As the situation in countries around the world is not the same, let's take China as an example to give you a list. So how much do 8 common biomass wood fuel pellets cost per ton in China?
(1) Peanut shell pellet fuel: ash content: about 10%, moisture: about 10%, low calorific value: 3800 kcal (suitable for medium and large boilers, and small boilers have coking problems). The price of peanut shell pellet fuel is around 500-550 yuan/ton.
(2) Straw pellet fuel Ash content: about 10%, moisture: about 10%, low calorific value: 3200 kcal (suitable for medium and large boilers, small boilers have coking problems). The price of straw pellet fuel is around 400-450 yuan/ton.
(3) Rice husk pellet fuel Ash content: about 10%, moisture: about 10%, low calorific value: 3300 kcal (suitable for medium and large boilers, small boilers have coking problems). The price of rice husk pellet fuel is about 450-500 yuan/ton.
(4) Miscellaneous wood pellet fuel Ash content: about 5%, moisture: ≤8%, low calorific value: 3900 kcal (suitable for small, medium and large boilers, small boilers have coking problems). The price of miscellaneous wood pellet fuel is around 750-800 yuan/ton.
(5) Pine wood pellet fuel: Ash content: about 2%, moisture: ≤8%, low calorific value: 4100 kcal (suitable for small, medium and large boilers, as well as biomass burners, biomass generators, etc.). The price of pine pellet fuel is around 800-900 yuan/ton.
(6) Rosewood wood pellet ash content: about 1%, moisture: ≤8%, low calorific value: 4200 kcal (suitable for small boilers, and small stoves such as biomass burners, biomass generators, real fire fireplaces, etc.) Wait, no coking, good quality). The price of redwood pellet fuel is around 950-1000 yuan/ton.
(7) Oak wood pellet fuel ash content: about 1%, moisture: ≤8%, low calorific value: 4200 kcal (suitable for small boilers, and small stoves such as biomass burners, biomass generators, real fire fireplaces, etc.) Wait, no coking, good quality). Oak wood pellet fuel is priced at around 1,000 yuan/ton
(8) Pinus sylvestris pellet fuel ash: 1% or less, moisture: ≤8%, low calorific value: 4300 kcal (suitable for small boilers, biomass burners, biomass generators, real fire fireplaces, etc.) Stoves, etc., non-coking, the best quality). Pinus sylvestris pellet fuel is the best pellet fuel and the most expensive. The current market price is generally around 1100 yuan/ton.
To sum up:
Good wood pellet fuel is mainly because the purchase cost of the first raw material is too high (mainly the raw material is pure and basically free of impurities), so that the biofuel wood pellets quality can be better guaranteed. It is recommended to use high-quality pellet fuel and low ash pellet fuel for small stoves that are easy to coke , No need to worry about the calorific value. Just pick a fuel for heating here, and there is no problem in production and use. In addition, it is generally recommended to purchase in small batches nearby, unless you do not have them locally, because small batches can only be sent to logistics, and the overall cost is high.
The above is an analysis of the problem of "How much does 1 ton of wood pellets cost?", I hope our professional experience can really help you, if you have any questions about "how much does a ton of wood pellets cost" For further questions, please contact Richi Machinery directly online.
Some sharing about wood pellets
How to distinguish the quality of wood pellet fuel?
After talking about the question of "How much does 1 ton of wood pellets cost?", let's talk about how to distinguish the quality of wood pellets? The color of pellets is different, mainly because different wood raw materials are used in the production. How does wood pellet fuel distinguish between good and bad?
1. Look at wood pellets
We can roughly distinguish the quality of the pellets and the materials of the pellets. For example, some pellet fuels are processed from Pinus sylvestris, which belong to the current higher-quality pellet fuels with ash content of about 0-1%. The low calorific value is about 4300 kcal. The wood pellet fuel shown in Figure 2 belongs to mahogany pellet fuel. The ash content is about 0-1, and the low calorific value is about 4300 kcal. The quality is the same as that of Pinus sylvestris; some wood pellet fuels belong to Miscellaneous wood pellet fuel, the ash content is about 3-5%, the low calorific value is about 3900-4100 kcal, the ash content is high, it is easy to coke, and the color is dark. The last one belongs to the pine wood pellet fuel, and the ash content is about 1-2% , The low calorific value is about 4200 kcal, and the quality is only that of mahogany pellet fuel and higher than miscellaneous wood pellet fuel.
2. You can smell the wood pellets
Each kind of wood pellet fuel tastes different, such as pine, mahogany, and pine pellet fuel, which has a relatively strong pine fragrance, while miscellaneous wood pellet fuel does not have this taste. If you use dead wood processing, such as: planted mushroom bags. The first has a low calorific value, and the second has a decadent taste.
3. Directly grab a handful of wood pellet fuel and soak it with boiling water
Directly grab a handful of wood pellet fuel and use boiling water to soak it. The boiling water can quickly allow the wood pellet fuel to absorb water and then disperse it so that we can directly see how the quality of the wood pellet fuel is, and if it contains impurities.
You can directly consult Richi Machinery for more questions about"how much does 1 ton of wood pellets cost", " how much does a 40lb bag of wood pellets cost", " how much do wood pellets cost per ton", "how much does a ton of wood pellets cost", "wood pellet cost comparison", "what is the cost of one ton wood pellets", Email: email@example.com,Whatsapp/Cel: +86 185 7410 3366.
For all inquiries fill in the form below to send us a brief message,and we will get back to you as soon as possible.